Are you interested in undergoing a rhinoplasty procedure, but not exactly sure how much you should budget? Take a look at how much a rhinoplasty costs, including what to expect from your rhinoplasty consultation.
How Much Does a Rhinoplasty Cost?
The average cost of a rhinoplasty procedure in 2018 was $5,350, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. This cost does not include fees associated with surgical centers, anesthesia, medications, and more.
The cost of your rhinoplasty procedure may vary according to where you live and the plastic surgeon you end up choosing.
What to Expect from Your Rhinoplasty Consultation
If you’re interested in undergoing a rhinoplasty procedure, the first step you’ll take is to schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. By the way, it’s critical that you only work with a board-certified/eligible plastic surgeon, as you want to ensure your procedure is done by a highly accomplished and experienced professional.
Rhinoplasty Consultations Available
Once you’ve found the right plastic surgeon for your rhinoplasty, here’s what you can expect from your consultation:
- You’ll begin by discussing your goals for the surgery, including what aesthetic results you want to see.
- You’ll discuss any breathing concerns that you may want addressed.
- Your plastic surgeon will examine your nose to see what can be achieved with an aesthetic rhinoplasty procedure.
- After examining your nose, your plastic surgeon will discuss your medical history, as well as ask you questions about your lifestyle. You should expect to be asked if you have any disorders or diseases, as well as if you smoke, do drugs, or take medications that could impact the results of your surgery.
- It is important to point out any history of trauma to the nose or septum and any history or fillers or previous surgeries to the nose. Sometimes people will recall being told they had a “deviated septum” and this is helpful to mention at your consultation.
At the end of your consultation, your plastic surgeon may recommend you for the surgery and introduce you to the practice’s patient care coordinator. This person will work with you to schedule your rhinoplasty surgery.
My experience with Dr. Song and the whole office was beyond amazing. It was made clear that each member of his team cared about my feelings, well-being, and happiness!
Take the Next Step
Want to learn more about the cost of a rhinoplasty procedure, including what to expect from the surgery itself? Schedule a consultation at South Coast Plastic Surgery in Irvine, CA. (949) 701-4454